Very Good Ventures is looking for applicants for an entry-level Flutter Engineer position. This is an opportunity to accelerate your career as a developer by working with the most talented Flutter engineers in the industry. Joining our team means working on scalable Flutter apps for leading brands alongside recognized members of the community and talented engineers!
We are looking for individuals who:
- Love Flutter. 💙 We focus entirely on Flutter, whether it’s helping clients build apps from scratch or transition existing apps over to Flutter (check out some of our work here). As an engineer, you will be contributing directly to client projects with guidance from our senior team members. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the Flutter framework and be ready to start writing code!
- Have written tests. 💯 Testing is deeply embedded in our engineering process. We enforce 100% code coverage in all of our projects, so applicants must have some familiarity with writing tests and be willing to learn more about testing best practices.
- Have worked on a Flutter project. 💻 We want to see what you’ve built, even if it’s not complete! As part of the interview process, we will ask you to share and discuss the Flutter code you’ve written. We do not require applicants to this position to already have professional experience with Flutter, but you must have built something with Flutter to be considered (extra points if you have used flutter_bloc, since it is our preferred state management solution).
How You’ll Grow
At Very Good Ventures, we love creating Flutter apps, but more importantly, we love creating Flutter apps as a team. Joining our team will have an impact in your career, and we want you to have the best experience possible.
- Best coding practices. ✅ Our team is highly motivated to apply the best practices we know in our projects. You will work with experienced and motivated engineers that will help you to write easy-to-follow and well-tested code. You will have an impact on customers’ projects from the very first day!
- Culture of support and collaboration. 🤝 The success of our team is tightly coupled to the success and growth of our individuals: through pairing sessions, 1:1s, trainings, “Friday fun-work sessions,”and many other elements, we build a community together. One of our main team values is “Be open, be friendly, be fun.”
- Think big, be open! 🦄 It is part of our core to contribute to the Community in many different ways: participating and sponsoring meetups, hackathons and conferences; creating and maintaining open source libraries; and sharing our ways of working in our blog. As a member of the VGV team, you will become an ambassador of our brand: we all work together to make Flutter development fun, welcoming and long-lasting!
Who We Are
Very Good Ventures is a Flutter consultancy that provides full-service app design and development as well as services that help companies build Flutter expertise. We are the world’s most experienced Flutter development team with offices in New York City, Chicago, and teammates around the world.
While most companies are building apps the same way it’s been done for a decade, we are leading the charge to transform how apps for mobile, desktop, and web are created. Our clients range from well-funded startups to nonprofits to Fortune 500 companies, including Betterment, Google, Hamilton: The Musical, The New York Times, Policygenius, Medly Pharmacy, Aura, and more.
What We Offer
We strive to create and uphold an open and understanding engineering culture with an emphasis on mentorship and growth. In addition to building very good apps, we believe it is our duty to contribute positively to the Flutter Community through our interactions with other engineers, building high-quality open source tools, and hosting regular events, including Flutter Meetups in Chicago and New York.
- For U.S. applicants: The position will come with full-time employee benefits including Paid Time Off, health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), and a 401(k) plan. In addition, the position will be remote to start, but there may be an option to work in an office in the future depending on the applicant’s location.
- For non U.S. applicants: If your timezone is between UTC-8 and UTC+2, we do have multiple opportunities as well. Please follow the process described below, and if we move forward, we can discuss more details about our collaboration agreements.
Join our team and be a part of the future of app development!