Flare is a new design and animation tool that allows users to build real, interactive, animated assets that run in real time in their final product. What better way to explore the potential of Flare for the Hamilton app than to open it up to designers, developers, and Hamilton fans.
The #HamAppFlare Challenge is a unique opportunity to win prizes and be featured in the Hamilton app while learning to use Flare.
This is your chance to create amazing animations with Flare and Flutter using the Hamilton app as your muse. Think of fun, interesting, and useful ways that animations could improve the Hamilton app and bring them to life with Flare. Or, just make something awesome with Flare that expresses your love for Hamilton.
- Create a Flare animation that is suitable for Hamilton
- Tweet a link to your submission using #HamAppFlare
- Submit your entry to the submission site by August 15, 2019 at 11:59pm EST
- A winner will be selected by Hamilton, Very Good Ventures, and 2Dimensions
The winner will receive:
- $250 Hamilton merchandise pack
- $250 Broadway.com gift card
- 1-year Flare Subscription ($250) + Flare T-Shirt
- In-app Winner Announcement
- Social Mentions by @HamiltonMusical
The Hamilton Flare Challenge opens on 7/20/19 and ends on 8/15/19 at 11:59pm EST.
Hamilton — Rise Up With Flutter & Flare!
In 2017, the hit Broadway musical, Hamilton, was the first brand outside of Google to launch a production app using Flutter. The Hamilton app has been the flagship Flutter app since its launch with over 3 million installs globally.
While Flutter is now well-known among developers as a game-changing portable UI framework, Hamilton embraced Flutter extremely early — in its pre-alpha stages. Hamilton and Very Good Ventures remain committed to building revolutionary app experiences with Flutter…and now Flare.
- Submissions will be accepted from 7/20/2019 at 12:00pm EST to 8/15/2019 at 11:59pm EST
- You must be 18+ years old to enter
- The Challenge is only open to permanent, legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date on which the Contest Period commences.
- We hope our international fans will still be interested in creating and sharing a Flare animation. Unfortunately, the complexities of contests and international law force the above requirement.
- Submissions MUST include Flare files. Ideally Flare animations are also utilized in Flutter code that you provide
- Your submission must be made with a valid URL to a public repo on Github or the 2Dimensions Flare site
- Each submission must be accompanied by an MIT license: https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT
- Your entry must not be offensive or mean-spirited — this is for fun and to encourage designers and developers to use Flare
How will the submissions be judged?
Flare submissions will be judged by members of the Hamilton, Very Good Ventures, and Flare teams based on:
- Originality: The uniqueness and novelty of the animation and its usage
- Brand Alignment: The degree to which the animation is on-brand for Hamilton and suitable for use in the app
- Wow: The degree to which it puts a smile on faces and showcases the power of Flare
Spread the Word!
What is in the Hamilton Merch Pack?
- Hamilton Gold Star T-Shirt - link
- Hamilton Baseball Cap - link
- Hamilton Pint Glass - link
- Hamilton The Revolution Hardcover Book - link
- Hamilton Canvas Beach Bag - link
- Hamilton Beach Towel - link
- Hamilton Souvenir Program Book - link
- Hamilton Lapel Pin - link
Looking for Ideas?
Need help finding something inspired by the Hamilton app to create with Flare? Try some of these focus areas:
- Enter lottery animations
- “You won!” animations
- Lottery tour location selector
- Trivia star burst animations
- Today screen content animations
Really any button, content, or interaction is fair game! Or just create something fun using Hamilton and its characters as your muse — think of it as interactive fan art!